The Make It Take It feature is an interactive feature on the show floor that allows attendees to participate in a DIY workshop in which they learn how to create an item that they take home with them. Each workshop is led by a local blogger, crafter, designer, etc.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A LEADER?
- Leaders are to teach and complete a small craft or DIY project with 15 attendees.
- Please keep it simple. What may seem easy to you may not be to the average attendee!
- Leaders will supply their own materials needed for the craft/DIY project.
- Leaders should keep project to 45 minutes. Please pre-cut and pre-paint, if needed.
- Workshops are VERY popular, so consider teaching your class twice.
- Send your logo, website and social media links ahead of the show for promotion on our website.
- Bring your business cards or marketing material– promote your brand!
- Connect with partners/different brands to get your craft/DIY sponsored. Many brands will send you product for free, and might consider compensating you for promoting their product(s) in your workshop. I can send you statistics on the show to help you find sponsors!
- Consider bringing a friend/helper – again – these are very popular at the show and you might need the extra set of hands!
- Bring a completed project on the first day of the show. We will display it to get attendees excited about your craft/DIY!
WHAT WILL YOU GET FROM THE SHOW?
- Electric will be supplied for projects at Make It Take It.
- You will receive 20 complimentary tickets to the show to give to family, friends, partners, etc. (Value $260)
- Badges for free admission to the show will be held for you and any helpers at the exhibitor registration desk.
- Easy setup –Drop off supplies to the facility prior to show open, to avoid bringing them through the crowd. Or, come earlier the day of your workshop and bring them with you.
- Stage Presentation –Sign up to present on our Main Stage at the show. Please let me know if interested and I will send over the presentation form.
- Signage will be provided at the workshop area marketing your craft/DIY and company name. We will also list information about you and your company on the show website.
- Your workshop and company will be listed in our show guide, House & Home Magazine, advertising the Make It Take It feature.
- The link to the Make It Take It schedule and webpage on our website will be included in consumer e-blasts to our database of over 29k+ local homeowners.
- Inclusion in the media kit given to our PR agency for media pitches.
Please put your first two choices and we will do our best to accommodate your schedule.